Who doesn’t like to grill in the summer? Despite the grueling heat, everyone loves summer barbeques because they’re an excellent way to spend time with your loved ones and make good food. However, to do this, you need the best gas grill under $500 by your side.
After all, what’s the point of hosting a barbeque if using the grill is tricky and stressful? Gas grills as they’re highly efficient, allowing you to cook food effortlessly.
While gas grills can be expensive, there are many affordable options out there. If you’re looking for a gas grill under $500, you’re in luck.
Table of Contents
- The 8 Best Gas Grills Under $500 for 2022 Reviewed
- 1. Best Overall: Weber Spirit II
- 2. Char-Broil Performance 4-Burner Cart Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 3. Monument Grills Stainless Steel 4 Burner Propane Gas Grill with Rotisserie
- 4. Dyna-Glo Smart Space Living 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 5. Blackstone Station Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle
- 6. Weber Q3200 Liquid Propane Grill, White
- 7. Weber Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
- 8. Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro Gas Grill
The 8 Best Gas Grills Under $500 for 2022 Reviewed
We’ve compiled the eight best gas grills under $500 in 2022. Each product was hand-picked after extensively reviewing its quality, features, user testimony, and professional opinion.
So, let’s check out these picks.
1. Best Overall: Weber Spirit II
Firstly, we have the Weber Spirit II Liquid Propane Grill. Founded in 1952, the US-based company was the first to invent and sell kettle grills. Since then, it has come up with many lines of innovative gas, electric, and charcoal grills. The Weber Spirit II is one of their top-sellers.
This version of the Weber Spirit II has three burners, one step up from the two-burner model. Apart from this, the new three-burner version also has a larger grilling area and 30,000 BTUs. Consequently, you can make more food at a time with higher efficiency.
However, both models come with Weber’s patented GS4 grilling system, which involves four components.
These four components include:
- The Infinity Ignition – compatible with propane, this is a fast-lighting and long-lasting ignition system.
- Flavorizer Bars – these are designed to vaporize drippings so that you can maximize the smoky flavor. (Non-vaporized drippings are dropped in the grease management system).
- Burners – as mentioned, there are three burner tubes, designed to provide consistent gas flow.
- Grease Management System – Connected to the flavorizer bars, this system catches drippings and waste in its drip box. (The box is under the cook box for smoother disposal).
The ignition is impressive, capable of going from 0 to 500 degrees in just five minutes. While the grill plates are a bit awkward to roll at first, you just need to adjust them to your preference. Consequently, while there is a learning curve, the grill is easy-to-use once you’re used to it.
- Four color options
- Easy-to-access tank
- 10-year warranty
- Foldable grill
- Cooks food evenly
- Some quality control issues
- Hard to assemble by yourself
You may like this: The Best gas Grills Under $300 For 2022
2. Char-Broil Performance 4-Burner Cart Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Based in Columbus, Georgia, Char-Broil is a subsidiary of W. C. Bradley Co., which produces BBQ grills and related accessories. The company prides itself on its Performance Series, out of which this 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill is the best-rated.
Like with the Weber Spirit II, the Performance 4-Burner is an improved version of the Performance 2-Burner. Unlike the 2-burner, this gas grill measures around 18.22 x 22.47, giving you substantial cooking space.
Additionally, the grill comes with a 10,000 BTU burner. While the heat production isn’t as powerful as other grills, the grill temperature increases with less fuel per unit of increase. Consequently, this is a more cost-efficient purchase.
With the stainless steel shelves and warming rack, you can keep your food warm and clean up quickly afterward. As the steel is no-stick, grease and food drippings are easier to wipe off. Also, the shelves are wear-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about them burning or rusting.
However, be mindful; the grill is primarily for indoor use. It’s not weather-resistant and gets damaged in the rain and wind.
Despite this, the Performance 4-Burner is a reliable investment, coming at a budget-friendly price.
- Quick assembly
- Ideal for searing steaks
- Easy-to-read LED cooking thermometer
- Comes with extra hooks for hanging tongs and brushes
- Incredibly sturdy construction
- Not waterproof
- The grill cover is a bit flimsy
You may like this: The Best gas Grills For 2022 Reviews
3. Monument Grills Stainless Steel 4 Burner Propane Gas Grill with Rotisserie
Established more than 30 years ago, Monument Grills is a producer of some of the best natural gas grills under 500. The founders saw a gap in the retail market and aimed to provide customers with affordable yet high-performance gas grills.
The Monument Grills 17842 is a sturdy stainless steel grill with four main burners and one side burner. With this grill, you get over 60,000 BTUs of heat. Through this power level, you can heat the grill to 600°F within fifteen minutes.
However, what’s the best part about the Monument Grills 17842?
Well, it’s versatility. From baking bread to searing steak, you can use the grill for many things. It even has a rotisserie option for making chicken and fish. Also, the grill itself is roomy, allowing you to allot spaces for different dishes.
For instance, you can set the skewers in one part of the grill and the steaks/patties/brats in another. Since there are four burners, you can adjust the temperature to avoid burning each dish. In this way, you can make multiple dishes at the same time and save ample cooking time.
- User-friendly control knobs
- Comes with a pot burner
- LED light temperature display
- Excellent heat output
- Straightforward maintenance
- Rusts easily
- Smokes too much at higher temperatures
We also reviewed the Best Pellet Smoker & Grill for 2022 here!
4. Dyna-Glo Smart Space Living 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Dyna-Glo is an outdoor grill brand, coming from GHP Group. Inc, a world leader in fireplaces, heating products, and log sets. It has retailers across North America and Europe, all devoted to making commercial-grade outdoor grills accessible for home-use.
The Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D is an impressive outdoor model, ideal for backyards and patios thanks to its compact design and adjustable side tables. It’s a three-burner grill, delivering more than 36,000 BTUs of heat.
It has three main features to enhance your cooking experience, including its:
- Cast iron cooking grates – The grates, protected by porcelain enamel, lock in the meat’s moisture by searing its edges.
- Steel tents – These allow you to smoke the food and conserve heat.
- A double-walled stainless steel lid – This protects the food by ensuring consistent temperature and smoking. The double walls ensure no heat escapes.
Overall, this Dyna-Glo grill has exceptional heat performance and distribution, reaching 700°F in less than ten minutes. Some parts of the grill tend to be hotter than others. However, this is okay for outdoor cooking.
Therefore, this is an excellent choice for those interested in a patio gas grill.
- Quick-start electric-pulse ignition
- 507 square inches of cooking space
- Detailed user manual
- Front door lock included
- The exhaust wears out quickly
- The tents require replacement every six months
We also reviewed the Best Charcoal Grills for 2022 here!
5. Blackstone Station Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle
Our fifth choice, the Blackstone Station Outdoor Gas Griddle, is a classic gas grill, with long-lasting, durable construction. First invented in 2005, this is Blackstone’s cornerstone product. If you don’t know, Blackstone is an outdoor cooking appliance brand, dedicated to spreading culinary excellence.
Like the 28-inch model, the Blackstone Station Outdoor Gas Grill has a removable griddle top (which measures around 36 inches). With four independent burners, the skillet is multifunctional.
It has different cook settings so that you can make anything from breakfast foods to stir-frys to BBQ meats. However, thanks to its cast-iron construction and convectional heating, it’s best suited to grilling.
Also, you don’t have to worry about flimsy footing. The Blackstone 36-Inch Outdoor Griddle has industrial strength caster wheels. Therefore, while you’re moving it, you get little to no resistance. Then, with the quick-lock functionality, you can secure the grill in place.
Moreover, if you’re relatively new at grilling, don’t worry. Blackstone helps out customers by providing multiple videos and tutorials to show you how to use and maintain the griddle correctly. You can easily access these tutorials on their YouTube channel.
All in all, this is a user-friendly and sizable appliance, perfect for cooking for large parties.
- Strong, powder-coated grill
- Heat regulators for enhanced safety
- Non-stick top
- Adjustable height
- Easy to transport
- The grease trap is very flawed
- The customer service is slow
See also: Blackstone Griddle Grill Reviews
6. Weber Q3200 Liquid Propane Grill, White
Our second Weber product, Weber 57060001, is a highly efficient propane grill with uniform heat distribution and an electronic ignition system. There are many similarities to the Weber Spirit II, including the patented GS4 grilling system.
However, unlike the Spirit II (which is larger), measuring 424 square inches, the Weber 57060001 caters to smaller gatherings and family events. Apart from this, the grill construction is incredibly durable, with its wear-resistant aluminum and steel parts.
These features make the grill perfect for regular use as opposed to once-in-a-while parties.
Also, it has an open-cart design, making the cooking process more convenient. You can take it outside to prevent smoking up your house. However, take care when you’re transporting it as the wheels are a bit frail.
As for the heat retention, the grill gives you around 32,000 BTUs of heat. Additionally, you have more control over the type of heat, as the burners have both direct or indirect heat modes.
In this way, you can cook both delicate foods (like fish and veggies) and larger roasts (like beef and pork) without burning them or leaving them undercooked.
- Sleek, black design
- Straightforward cleanup
- Sizable shelves
- Long-lasting operation
- Excellent temperature control
- Need a different lid as the plastic one melts
- Difficult to mantle and dismantle
7. Weber Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
Another impressive Weber grill, the Weber 51010001, is from the brand’s Q1200 series. This Weber grill combines multiple desirable features, including its high-tech cook box, shroud, and burner control valves.
The aluminum cook box has a large capacity, and it, along with the shroud, ensures heat circulation within the box. Since the box comes with a built-in lid, you don’t have to buy a separate one.
Both the box and shroud require minimal maintenance, but users recommend cleaning the surface with anti-bacterial wipes after every use. Doing this helps prevent grease build-up, but make sure the box has completely cooled down before cleaning.
As for the burner valves, each one has infinite control settings, allowing you to fine-tune the temperature. However, the heating time depends on the ambient temperature.
For instance, if the day is relatively hot (around 75 degrees), it takes only ten minutes for the Q1200 to reach 500 degrees. On colder days, it takes much longer.
Moreover, the grill is both foldable and lightweight, increasing its mobility. The size is ample for a medium-sized balcony or patio. However, you can also take it to parks, beaches, or camping sites.
- Available in six colors
- Includes adapter hose
- Vinyl cover to prevent burning
- Comes with a griddle to cook eggs/bacon
- Holds heat consistently
- Long heat times
- The grills are too heavy to flip
8. Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro Gas Grill
Last but not least, the Char-Griller E3001 is a fantastic grill for experienced grillers. Founded in 2000, Char-Griller is a US brand that makes affordable smokers, grills, and outdoor cooking accessories. The Char-Griller E3001 is from their Grillin’ Pro line.
This Pro grill has many advanced features, including a 40,800 BTU gas grill, 630 square inches of cooking space, and dual smokestacks (for more ventilation).
The grill has great heat output, which is easily controlled with the burner valves and ignitor probe. Combining the heat control and multifunctional cooking surface makes this a more efficient stove than a grill. You can do anything from cooking, roasting, searing to even baking food.
With the powder-coated steel construction, the grill is built-to-last decades. This makes the grill a superb investment in terms of durability.
In sum, the Char-Griller E3001 is difficult to use. You need to learn through experience what foods cook better at what temperature. However, once you get the hang of it, you’ll find it’s very convenient and reliable.
- Increased safety with the protection plate
- Includes replacement parts
- Very sturdy
- Long 10-year warranty
- It takes a long time to cool
- Inadequate instructions for assembly
In essence, many factors influence what gas grill you buy. From price to fuel type to BTU capacity, our list includes many well-rounded products, which fulfill most, if not all, of these requirements.
However, out of all these, what’s the best propane/gas grill for under 500? Our top pick is undoubtedly the Weber Spirit II. It’s the best grill under 500 because of its versatility and highly efficient heat controls.